This article could use some fixing up. Please edit carefully and make and proper changes. Thanks!
This is a list of things the commentators may say during game-play.
Goal Quotes: Edit
GOAL QUOTES: Edit
- "Stunning goal here, as he hits the back of the net with ease!"
- "His teammates join him to start the celebrations. Great goal!"
- "What a free kick, great goal!"
VOLLEY QUOTES: Edit
- Well it came at an awkward height, but he did connect well, and timed the volley to perfection"
- "Now that really was a great volley"
EQUALIZING GOAL QUOTES: Edit
- Nice finish, He's put them back into it!"
- There's a look of confidence about the team now as they draw level"
- "Great work from the team to get back into the match"
Offside Quotes Edit
- "And he's well offside"
- "Good work by the defense, just offside"
- "Player's not happy with that decision, but he did seem to stray slightly offside."
- "Referee calls play back for an offside"
- "I don't know why the assistant had trouble raising his flag he was clearly offside"
Onside Quotes Edit
- "The defenders are looking at the assistant, but the flag stays down!"
- "And he's stayed onside!"
- "That was close"
Shooting quotes Edit
FROM DISTANCE: Edit
- "Well he's a long way out"
- "Long ranger"
- "Has a crack from distance!"
- "He has a go!"
- "Tries his luck!"
- "Tries his luck from the distance!"
- "That's an optimistic effort"
CLOSE SHOT: Edit
- "Here's (player's name)!"
- "this great player is the best!''
- "Has a dig."
- "It's (Player's name)!"
- "Don't mess with this great player
- "(Player's Name)"
- ''Oh he tries a header!"
- "Off his head"
Goalie save/collection Edit
- "(Goalie's name) collects".
- "(Goalie's name) saves."
- "Great save by (keeper's name)"
- "Oh and it's saved by (keeper's name."
- "Another great save by (keeper's name)"
- "Great save by (keeper's name), I think it was going in!"
- "Aww, fantastic reflex save by (keeper's name)!"
- "Easy for the goalkeeper there!"
- "Confident catch by the goalie"
- "(Goalie's name), unbelievable save!"
- "(Goalie's name), with Another brilliant save!"
- "He must have seen it very late wonderful save!"
- "And he has forced the goalkeeper into an excellent save!"
- "Keeper got a good hands behind that"
- "That's confident goalkeeping there"
- "Let's look at that wonderful save again!"
Missed Goals Edit
NEAR MISS: Edit
- "Ooh what a mess
- "I'm not sure (keeper's name) had that one"
- "You know I thought that was going in and I think half the crowd did as well!"
- "Ooh he tried his best
- "You'd expect a player of his talent, to at least hit the target"
- "Ooh that's just off target!"
- "Close, but not close enough"I am a lose
- "Did well to engineer his shot, unlucky not to score"
- "He almost started celebrating so unlucky"
- "Just needed a bit more composure to get that shot on target"
- "Keeper, really glad to see that one go over. I'm not sure he would've got to that!"
- "Few inches lower and it would have been in"
BIG MISS: Edit
- "(player's name) Should have done better with that one"
- "Not the best effort there"
- "That's well wide"
- "That's well over"
- "He got under that a bit too much I think"
- "That's high, and won't trouble the keeper."
- "Oh he's put it into row Z"
- "He won't want us to show him a replay of that one"
- "He should have been on target!"
GOAL KICK: Edit
- "Easy decision then, it's a goal kick."
- "That will be a goal kick"
- "And just a goal kick."
- "Referee points for a goal kick"
CORNER KICK: Edit
- "Manager signals his centre-backs, to get forward for the corner"
- "Well there's some pushing going on inside the box"
- "Let's see what comes of this then"
- "Into the danger zone"
- "Into the danger area"
- "Whipped in with pace!"
- "Good challenge!"
- "(player's name) with A Great challenge"
- "Superb challenge"
- "Great tackle!"
- "He takes the ball cleanly!"
- "Strong challenge there!" (only if it is barely legal)
- "Good stuff he reads the game so well"
- "Ooh he steps up to steal the ball!"
- "Defender regains possession, and now they'll try and break"
- "(Player's name) with the tackle"
- "And he's given possession away, in a dangerous place!"
- "That's a dangerous area to lose the ball"
Foul Quotes Edit
FOUL WITHOUT CARD: Edit
- "That's a reckless challenge"
- "That's a pointless challenge"
- "That's a bit cynical really. It's going to be a free kick"
- "Referee calls play back, for the earlier foul"
- "Referee tried to play the advantage there"
- "That's a rash challenge there"
- "Oh he lost his head there a bit, bad challenge"
- "Free kick then"
- "Oh, that's a foul!"
- "Oh, a very badly timed challenge"
- "Dangerous tackle!"
FOUL WITH YELLOW CARD: Edit
- "That will be a booking, yellow card"
- "It's a yellow card no arguments there from the player"
- "That's a yellow card, he'll need to be careful now!"
- "Oh, it's a yellow card, he'll have to be careful now!"
- "Well its the first card of the match, and it's yellow"
- "First card of the match, first of many I expect"
RED CARD: Edit
- "Oh, it's a straight red he's OFF!"
- "Well he's going to be off, it's a STRAIGHT RED!"
- "There can't be any complaints, STRAIGHT RED!"
- "There could be no complaints, STRAIGHT RED!"
- "The ref's sent him off, it's a RED CARD!"
- "The ref's sent him off, RED CARD!"
- "Silly challenge, he fully deserves to be sent off"
- "It's his second yellow, he's OFF!
PENALTY SHOT: Edit
- ''(player's name) tackled (player's Name), and the referee points at the spot its a penalty!"
- "It's a penalty!"
Advantage Quotes Edit
- Advantage played by the referee"
- "Referee keeps the game flowing"
- "There was a foul, but the referee has allowed play to continue"
Weather Quotes Edit
- "Rather cold out here tonight, let's hope the pitch doesn't affect the game too drastically."
- "Conditions could well be the enemy of skill."
- "Sun's out, let's hope the game is as good as the weather"
- "Sun is out and the football is reflecting that"
- "Could be quite slippery out there"
- "Not the best conditions to be honest"
- "Snow is still coming down here"
- "As you can see it's rather wet out here today, let's hope the pitch doesn't affect the game too much."
Other Quotes Edit
- "No cards yet from the referee today"
- "Good, clean game so far"
- "Referee very much in control of this game and he hasn't had to show a card"
- "Well ahead now, and this should be a win for them"
- "Well you have to say there's not much chance of a comeback here now"
- "Close lead, can they hold on till full time"
- "Fourth official signals (Number between 1-6) minutes of stoppage time"
- "Nice pass"
- "They can score 10 (more than 5 goals in half time)"
- "Few Ole's from the crowd there"
- "Looks like the goalkeeper fancies himself as an outfield player!"
- "Manager will be pleased with passing like this"
- "A few changes at the break, let's see what difference they make, and off we go"
- "Let's see if the opposition can come up with something special. They have a mountain to climb, but there are still 45 minutes, and anything can happen
- "Great patience here"
- "Oh (player's name) is injured"
- "It's just one after the other, for this team the manager will be ecstatic"
- "Well you have to say there's not much chance of a comeback here now, and it seems all over"
- "Good possession"
- "They're in cruise control now, and this should be the win for them"
- "And we're off, this should be an entertaining game"
- "He looks hurt down there, and in some pain"
- "Always sad to see a player go off injured, hope he recovers soon"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.